1. What about work?
What about work? Lee and I still have another 30 years to work. I really don't think a 6 month break is going to break our careers. Granted, our same lush 9-5 jobs won't be there...but something else will. And so what if we don't get our dream job when we get back, we'll just work until we can.
2. How many pieces of luggage are you bringing?
One carry-on size bag each. Mine is a backpack-rolly convertible and Lee's is a standard backpack. Our daypack zips on and off Lee's pack.
2.5 What/How do you pack for such a trip?
We got this same question when we went on our Honeymoon (Australia, New Zealand) for 3 weeks with only carry-on luggage. Well, for starters we don't bring fancy dress-up clothes with us...just the shoes take up a bunch of space. And after that, we bring the basics that we can layer for cold and buy-as-you-go. If my 1 pair of jeans rip, then I just have to buy another. It's probably cheaper anyway. And of course, you do laundry along the way. I kinda like this part cause it transitions a vacation to a trip/trek/travel.
3. How can YOU afford this?
First off, it's a little tacky for you to ask that! But since you must know, Lee and I are not rich and neither are our parents. Don't get me wrong they're both middle class, but we don't get hand-outs. We just decided to take everything we've ever saved and put it into this trip. We don't live luxuriously, only have one car, no mortgage or dog and have been saving for a "something" for a while. And it's less expensive than you think since we're backpacking it and going to cheaper countries.
4. I'm Jealous. I/We could never do that!
BS! It's just not a priority for you. You value things differently.
5. How are you going to stay in contact?
According to our plans, this blogspot is our communication plan. No cell phone, no computer, no email, etc... It might be weird without them, but worth it. Our goal is to post every 3 days.
6. Where are you going first?
Germany to visit my mother. I haven't seen her in nearly a year and think it's about time. Then, we're off to India.
7. Why aren't you staying longer in Europe?
Two reasons. One, we've seen Europe and...Two, it would break the budget.
8. Where are you staying?
Hostels, Guesthouses, Pensions, Budget Hotels. We'll always have our own private room, but not necessarily private bathroom.
9. How do you know/find where to stay?
Depends really, but we tend to check Lonely Planet's Thorntree site first.
10. What place are you most anxious/nervous about?
India. I'm expecting the worst and the best from this magical country.
11. Who is mr. tom morrow?
Tomorrow. Get it?
12. How do I comment on your blog?
Click the Comments link at the bottom of each post or click on the post title.
Then, click on Post a Comment and the bottom of all the comments and a pop-up window will display. If you have a gmail account, go ahead and login. If not, select the Other option (under Choose an Identity) and enter your name..doesn't have to be your full name, just something I can identify you by. You can ignore the web page textbox. Click Publish Your Comment. Refresh the page and you should see your comment.
13. Why is Bali a maybe?
Because of our travel insurance. We're not covered in countries that have travel warnings issued by the U.S. State Department.
1 comments:
Wow, I can't believe it just two more days and you two will be gone on a trip most just dream about! You all must just be so excited to finally get under way! I wish both of you good health, good times, good weather, on-time connections, and, most of all, a safe and wonderful trip!
Post a Comment