We arrived last night in a rainy, dark Hanoi feeling more than just a little anxious.
We'd been hearing unhappy stories about travelling in Vietnam and were beginning to feel a bit discouraged. Add to that the disappointment of not getting the 3 month visa that we requested, only a single-entry 30 day visa, instead. So, we boarded the plane from Bangkok with uncertainty.
With both relief and frustration, I can now say that it's the Vietnam we were hoping for. I was relieved to find anything but the threatening and hostile environment that had been described to me and frustrated because I let myself be seriously affected by other people's warnings. Grrrr!
With both relief and frustration, I can now say that it's the Vietnam we were hoping for. I was relieved to find anything but the threatening and hostile environment that had been described to me and frustrated because I let myself be seriously affected by other people's warnings. Grrrr!
6 comments:
Hope you're settling in to your digs in Vietnam. Brahms says "hi"!
We are glad that you are safe and do enjoy yourselves.
Ok, are you guys just having too much fun? It's been over a week since your last post. How am I to continue with my mid-morning "work" routine without new posts?
Sorry Mel,
We've been on a tour the last 3 days and were too busy trying to cool down before that. We'll try to get something up soon.
Dripping with sweat,
-Kiima
Hey Guys How About An Update???
No worries, glad to hear you're doing okay!
Post a Comment