In the past few months I've read a bunch of travel blogs, travel diaries, and books about traveling. Most exhibit the same flaws. They're written with too much rear-view perspective, they take themselves too seriously, and they feel the need to justify their existence (on your shelf and in other countries).
I hope to avoid all of that. I'm not going to sit here and explain to you why I won't give money to beggars. I'm not going to detail how much better one culture is than another. And I'm not going to look back too much. Instead, I'm writing to document. We usually keep a travel diary when we leave the country, so this is just a continuation of that same tradition.
To answer some of Kiima's rules for the road, here are a few maxims I follow:
I hope to avoid all of that. I'm not going to sit here and explain to you why I won't give money to beggars. I'm not going to detail how much better one culture is than another. And I'm not going to look back too much. Instead, I'm writing to document. We usually keep a travel diary when we leave the country, so this is just a continuation of that same tradition.
To answer some of Kiima's rules for the road, here are a few maxims I follow:
- Eat the food, drink the drink
- Shoot loads of photos
- Compare every place to its Disney World equivalent
0 comments:
Post a Comment