November 16, 2007

Transition Day

Yesterday was my transition day. I left work for good and dyed my hair magenta pink all in the same day. It made me feel like "Holy Crap, this is actually happening!".

My work has been suprisingly cool and supportive about this whole thing. My co-workers have treated me to multiple lunches, a cake, a happy hour and a significant contribution. Thank you everyone, especially Mina (work twin) and Peter (cube neighbor). I will miss you.
So, that's the sad part. The good part is that I no longer have to set my alarm to 5:40am, stand in the rain, ride the bus or WORK.

Now, for the hair dying. Why you ask? Multiple reasons: 1. To feel free and 2. not to be a rich American tourist, but poor backpacking hippy. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out as bright as Lee's. But I knew that was likely if I didn't bleach it first. Either way, thanks to my favorite sister Linnea for doing it and letting us dirty her bathroom. It was fun.

3 comments:

lisa said...

I fully expect many hair changes throughout your journey. A nice mohawk would be a great second phase perhaps...

Anonymous said...

Dang, this makes me wish I had hair. A Mohawk is a great suggestion. Perhaps when you reach us here in South America?

Lee said...

Funny you should bring up the mohawk. Kiima just gave me my first one this morning.