December 02, 2007

The Taj

We made it to the Taj Mahal today!











We got up early, ate breakfast, then went straight in. It opens at 6, but there's no point in getting there that early since the fog is super dense at that hour...but it's foggy here regardless of the hour. Anyway, it was nice to finally see it and mark it off my list. But I must admit, that it was a bit anti-climactic for me.

Then, we headed to the Agra Fort, which is much more impressive than the Delhi one. One can only wonder why the Delhi Red Fort is more known/written about. We wanted to spend more time there, but Lee started getting ill. Gee, I hope he doesn't have what I had!

One more thing of note: It stinks like sh** here...and not just like your normal bathroom, but like a bathroom that has been used and abused! It's undeniable.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you both feel better! Lael went on a date which was so dull, it's making him decide to take one of the other girls out on a second date!

Why can't we view other people's comments?

Kristen M. said...

Oh I'm glad you're feeling better and hopefully Lee will not catch whatever funk you had. I'm so excited to read your posts...its like Christmas at work ;)

Anonymous said...

Lee,
You remind me of Princess Di when she got her picture in front of the Taj Mahal. It looks like you're having a fabulous time, and at least you're getting the sickness out of the way at the beginning of your travels!
Love, J&M

Kiima said...

Linnea,
Thanks for the Lael update, I appreciate it.
Comments are post specific, so you can only see those that belong to whichever post you commented on. Make sense?

Have you ordered the bridesmaid dresses yet?

Miss you,
-Kiima

Ernie & Jean said...

Lee & Kiima
I am truly enjoying your postings. In you honor today I went to an India Vegetarian Buffett replete with naan.

Lee said...

I'm so proud. To me, naan is the manna described in the old testament.

Anonymous said...

Did it live up to its title as one of the new seven wonders of the world?

Lee said...

Well, it WAS big. You can't take that away from it.