November 26, 2007

Holy Cow!



We made it to India! We arrived early this morning...it's everything I was expecting it to be and more. (As Lee says: Disney left no detail out for this part of EPCOT.)


First impressions:

  • Everything is under construction (that's why the place looks recently bombed)
  • Delhi constantly smells like smoke/soot
  • Delhi is dusty
  • You are called "friend"
  • Everything is "no problem"
  • Toilet Paper really isn't used
  • Food is cheap (We spent $2.50 for our first lunch)
We're staying at the Smyle Inn (B-, very simple but clean) in Paharganj at the Main Bizarre...a busy market street (think third world Hauptstrasse). We can clearly hear the daily india grind in our room;pigeons, some guy yelling the same thing repeatedly, and of course car horns. I actually kind of enjoyed the sounds of india during our small nap this morning.

Lee and I are already working on our Indian yes-no-head-bob.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

jeez! you just left and you're already in India!!! :)

Hope you two are having a great time!

Unknown said...

Make sure you don't shake or accept food from anyone's left hand! :)

Kiima said...

Linnea,
Funny you should mention that, cause Lee and I have to keep reminding ourselves of that. We tend to want to eat with both hands.

Kiima said...

Let me just also mention that the Smyle Inn bathroom is the perfect bathroom for projectile vomiting...something Lee and I are still expecting.